Loading
Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit

THOMASTON, ALABAMA – The area was first settled in the early 19th century by people from Virginia and the Carolinas who migrated to the area in search of land. The community was named in 1892, and the town of Thomaston was incorporated in 1901. Thomaston has one historic district, the Thomaston Central Historic District, which encompasses the core of the town. Additionally, there are three individually listed properties on the National Register of Historic Places: the Thomaston Colored Institute, C. S. Golden House, and Patrick Farrish House. The town is also home to the Alabama Rural Heritage Center, and the Thomaston Community Market, both community projects of Auburn University’s Rural Studio.