Buck’s livery stable is a one-story brick building that was built circa 1901-10 prior to the automotive age. The building has a central entry and segmental-arched windows. A row of low “feeding” windows for horses extend on the north and south sides of the building. Buck’s livery stable is a contributing property to the Thomaston Central Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on September 14, 2000. This building is located beside Highway 25 across the street in front of the Thomaston Methodist near downtown Thomaston (GPS coordinates 32.267535,-87.625628).
Source: NRHP “Thomaston Central Historic District” Registration Form.
Photographs courtesy of RuralSWAlabama.