Dr. Charles B. Thomas was the founder of Thomaston. He had the town surveyed and laid out in lots. Thomas also donated the block for the Town Park, the blocks for two schools, and lots for at least three churches. The Town Pond was included in the town layout. It is shown on the original Thomaston plat map. The town of Thomaston was incorporated November 15, 1901.
The Town Pond is a contributing property to the Thomaston Central Historic District which was added to the National Register of Historic Places on September 14, 2000. It is located in the Town Park which is on the south side of Highway 28 just west of downtown Thomaston (GPS coordinates 32.266365,-87.626894).
Source: NRHP Form for the Thomaston Central Historic District