This historical marker is located west of Thomasville on County Road 48 near the Bashi community (GPS coordinates N31.970778,W87.830889). It describes the location of the boundary that was between the Choctaw and Creek Indians in Clarke County and how it was established.
Below is the inscription that is on this marker:
“CHOCTAW CORNER, Established by Choctaw and Creek Indians about 1808 as the northern limit of boundary line between their lands. This line begins at the cut-off in South Clarke County, follows the watershed between Alabama and Tombigbee Rivers without crossing water. The disputed territory boundary was settled by two ball games, one between the warriors and one between the squaws of each tribe. The Choctaws won both games clearing forever their title to the lands. Actual site of corner is 1.7 miles North, N.E..
Erected by Clarke County Historical Society, 1978”