The William R. Ward cottage, built in 1896, is one of the early works of Brough, Eutaw’s noted Victorian-style home builder. The main portion of the house has a steep hip roof. Small pavilions jutting from each side of this roof are crowned by gables. A piazza embracing much of the front and east side has slender turned posts with railing between, and bracketed grilles at the top. The floor plan is informal with rooms mostly opening into other rooms.
This house is located at 405 Main Street in Eutaw, AL (32°50’31.3″N 87°53’34.2″W – Google Maps).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: Walking and Driving Guide to Historic Eutaw, Alabama, prepared by the Greene County Historical Society.