William B. Willis House at Eutaw, AL (built ca. 1835, listed on the NRHP)

Antebellum | Eutaw in Greene County  

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The William B. Willis House, commonly referred to as “Sipsey”, is an L-shaped, one story, Greek Revival clapboard house on a high brick foundation. It has two porticoes of the Doric style and fine architectural details both inside and out. In 1978, the house was relocated from 17 miles northwest of Eutaw to its present site and it has been carefully restored with the foundations re-built of handmade bricks following the original design. The house was enlarged around a courtyard at the rear. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on September 22, 1983

Sipsey is located in Eutaw, AL on Ashby Circle across the street from the historic Kirkwood mansion (GPS coordinates 32.847186, -87.895286).

This is a private residence – drive by only.

Sources: GreeneCountyHistoricSociety.org; 2) NRHP “William B. Willis House” Nomination Form.

Loading
Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit

Tags: , , , , ,