This marker is located in Choctaw County beside Co. Rd. 27 approximately 4 miles SE of Mt. Sterling just before getting to the Tuscahoma Landing on the Tombigbee River (GPS coordinates 32.060166,-88.114815).
Following is the inscription of the marker:
Tuscahoma (Red Warrior)
Before 1782, a temporary Choctaw camp – Batcha Chukka (Ridge House) – was near here. Tuscahoma was the crossing point on the Tombigbee River for Choctaw Indians. It was near this site that Chief Pushmataha signed a trade treaty with the U. S. Government. By 1810, settlers were in the village of Mount Sterling, a few miles west of here. Tuscahoma Landing also was an important stopping point during the steamboat era.