This house was built in 1890 by William Alexander (Alex) and Roberta Pearl White Singleton. The house still remains in the family and is now used primarily as a hunting camp. It is located in south Marengo County in the community of Putnam. The house is on CR 4 approximately 0.4 mile east of the intersection of CR 4 and Hwy 69 (GPS coordinates 32.023185, -88.024227).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) The Heritage of Marengo County, Alabama, prepared by The Marengo County Heritage Book Committee; 2) Gilmore DeWitt (great-grandson of Alex and Pearl Singleton).
Included is a recent photograph that was taken May 23, 2015 and an old photograph that was taken several years ago by Gilmore DeWitt.
Last updated: 5/3/16.