Shown is Shiloh Baptist Church that’s located in the community of Shiloh, AL in south Marengo County (GPS coordinates 32.102003, -87.765748). In front of the church is a historical marker that was erected by the Alabama Historical Association in 2000. Following is the text on the marker:
Shiloh Baptist Church
Organized July 1827
The original building was located about three miles east of the present site near the village of Shiloh. It was used as a union church until it became a Baptist Church in 1842. A new building was erected at the present site and the first bodies were laid to rest in the adjacent cemetery. Prior to the Civil War, blacks also attended worship services. In 1878, they withdrew their membership to erect their own building. Seven churches have been organized from Shiloh Church, of which five remain active.