This school was built around 1900 by Charles H. Miller, Sr. He employed the teachers to provide an education for his children and other children in the community. In 1929, the Marengo County Superintendent of Education consolidated the county schools. The Miller School was closed, forcing students to be bused to Linden or Dixons Mills. In 1929, the students were Ethel Barkley, Eddie Barkley, James Barkley, Garnett Barkley, Elbert Chavers, Charles Miller, Jr., Allene Sheffield, Marvin Vice, Coleman Vice and William Skinner Watts. Church services have also been held in the school building.
This old school building is located on the east side of Highway 43 approximately 10 miles south of Linden, AL (GPS coordinates 32.157148, -87.785246).
Source: The Heritage of Marengo County Alabama published by Heritage Publishing Consultants, Inc. (details provided by Charles Miller, Jr.)