This , two-story, Greek Revival house was built circa 1848 for Mark A. Myatt, who was a merchant and planter. The home has a three-bay façade. The central full height pedimented portico has boxed returns and a balcony. The two central single leaf entrances have full multipane transoms and sidelights. The house was remodeled circa 1850.
This home is a contributing property to Marion’s “Green Street Historic District” that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It is located at 308 Green Street in Marion (GPS coordinates 32.633656,-87.322839).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) NRHP “Green Street Historic Street” Inventory-Nomination Form; 2) Perry County Heritage, Volume II, prepared by The Book Committee and Friends of the Perry County Historical and Preservation Society.