This small cabin originally belonged to Francis Marion and Lottie Mosley Tindle. They sold it to their oldest daughter, Mattie, and her husband, Denton Mosley, when they married circa 1916. Denton and Mattie Tindle Mosley reared their 11 kids in this house. The family always joked that the house had a great “ventilation system” especially in winter. This house was located near Gilbertown in the community of Lusk. Billy Mosley, the youngest son of the 11 children of Mattie and Denton Mosley, donated the cabin to the Skinner Park at Toxey. This park is located off Hwy 17 at the end of Memorial Park Road (31°53’53.7″N 88°18’48.0″W – Google Maps).
Source: Ron Childress (great grandson of Denton and Mattie).