This home was originally built as a small Victorian cottage by William T. Miree and his wife, Paralee Richardson Miree, around 1880. Their daughter, Martha Paralee Miree, married George W. Thomas in 1900. Around 1910, they enlarged the house, doubling its size. A veranda, supported by small Ionic columns, extends across the width of the façade. Located in the center of the facade is a small upper portico that’s supported by two-story Ionic columns.
This home is located beside Highway 45 approximately 1.2 miles south of the intersection of Highway 5 and Highway 45 at Marion (GPS coordinates 32.597906,-87.316976).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: Perry County Heritage, Volume II, prepared by The Book Committee and Friends of the Perry County Historical and Preservation Society.