This two-story, Queen Ann-style home was built in 1896 for Dr. Klyce who was the president of the First District Agricultural College which was located across the street. It features a full-width porch on the first floor and a central balcony on the second story. Queen Anne elements include turned posts, a balustrade, a spindled frieze and imbricated shingles.
The Klyce-Bolen House is a contributing property to the Jackson Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on January 23, 1998. This home is located on the northeast corner of College Avenue and Clinton Street near downtown Jackson (GPS coordinates 31.514268, -87.894067). The First District Agricultural College was located on the southwest corner of this intersection where the Alabama Southern Community College, Jackson Campus, is now located.
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: NRHP “Jackson Historic District” Nomination Form
Photographs courtesy of RuralSWAlabama.