This home is a contributing property to the Thomasville Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on February 12, 1999. It is a 1 ½ story Queen Anne, L-cottage home with a side gable roof. Mr. J. S. Nored purchased this property on December 2, 1905 and constructed the house before his death the following April. The Nored family sold the house in 1913 and it passed through several hands after that. Reportedly, the original house was a dogtrot with a living room, a kitchen, a dining room and a bedroom. Later, two bedrooms and a bath were added to the north end of the house. During the 1940s, this addition was converted into an apartment. The house was sold in 1981 to the Glen Dunagan family who remodeled it. They turned it into a single family residence once again and added stairs to access the attic where they added a den and a playroom. Later owners have continued to make improvements to the home.
This home is located at the intersection of West Front Street and Milner Avenue near downtown Thomasville, AL (GPS coordinates 31.916788, -87.735316).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: NRHP “Thomasville Historic District” Registration Form.