In the fall of 1902, two men and three ladies filed a declaration to form the Fruitdale Union Chapel Association. Property for the church was purchased from the Fruitdale Land Company. Ladies of the community sponsored many projects to raise money for the building. Materials were donated and men of the town did most of the work. The first service was held in the completed chapel on Easter Sunday 1904. Methodist and other religious organizations held services at the chapel. Today, only Methodist use this church.
This church is located at in the community of Fruitdale in Washington County (GPS coordinates 31.342933, -88.408674).
Source: “Fruitdale Union Chapel 1904” Historic Marker (located in front of the church)