The Dr. Willis Meriwether House, also known as the Clark-Malone House, is a historic vernacular Greek Revival style house in Eutaw, AL. The house is a two-story wood framed building on a brick foundation. Six square box columns span the front portico. According to tradition, Dr. Willis Meriwether moved this house from his plantation in Springfield in 1856 and rebuilt it at its present site in Eutaw.
This house was recorded by the Historic American Buildings Survey in 1934. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places as a part of the Antebellum Homes in Eutaw TR multiple property submission on April 02, 1982, due to its architectural significance.
This house is located at 243 Wilson Avenue in Eutaw, AL (GPS coordinates N32.839465,W87.890491).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: (1) Wikipedia; (2) Walking and Driving Guide to Historic Eutaw, Alabama, prepared by the Greene County Historical Society.
B&W photograph courtesy U. S. Library of Congress, Photographer: W. N. Manning, Date: April 3, 1934.