Dr. John A. Kimbrough and his bride, Stella Oakley of Pine Hill, were married in November 1899 on the day of the great fire that destroyed Thomasville’s commercial area. This house was built by Dr. Kimbrough around that time for his bride.
This home is a contributing property to the Thomasville Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on February 12, 1999. It is located at the intersection of West 3rd Street and Nicol Avenue near downtown Thomasville, AL (GPS coordinates 31.912513,-87.737944).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: NRHP “Thomasville Historic District” Registration Form