This is one of the finest illustrations of the Queen Anne style homes that are located in Jackson. The house’s complex roof features jerkinhead or clipped gables on the side elevations. It has additional regular gables projecting from each side, covering balconies, bays, and ells. Each gable has a fanlight in its pediment. The house features a one-story porch, supported by Tuscan columns, which wraps around 3 sides of the building. The house has a two-story, shallow, angled bay beneath one of the facade gables and the other facade gable covers a second story balcony.
This house was built by Levi Frisbie for C. L. Warner. Construction began on the house in 1901 and it was completed in 1903. C.L. Warner and his uncle, C.W. Zimmerman, founded the C.W. Zimmerman Manufacturing Company in 1898, one of the largest lumber operations in Clarke County.
The C. L. Warner House is a contributing property to the Jackson Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on January 23, 1998. It is located at 407 E. Church St. near downtown Jackson (GPS coordinates 31.510595,-87.890169).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: NRHP “Jackson Historic District” Registration Form.