Andrews Chapel, also known as the McIntosh Log Church, is one of the few remaining log churches in Alabama. In 1860, John C. Rush and his wife donated land for the church to the McIntosh Community. Shortly afterwards, the church was constructed and named for James O. Andrews, a bishop in the Methodist Church. The log church is secured on the ends by square notching and caulking in the cracks. The roof is covered with wood shingles. In 1952, a new church was constructed and Andrews Chapel was vacated. It is now used for special occasions. Andrews Chapel was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
This historic church is located beside Highway 43 in McIntosh, AL (31°15’43.8″N 88°01’49.0″W – Google Maps).
Source: The Andrews Chapel Historic Marker