Dr. John C. Anderson purchased this lot in February of 1849 and had a home built consisting of two front rooms with four windows each and two smaller back rooms. A 1910 photograph shows this home as a one-story bungalow before it was enlarged in 1928. The house has a detailed semi-circular porch on the front. The first level of the house still has early eighteen-paned windows.
This house is located on Prairie Avenue in Eutaw (Google Maps)
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Photographs that are provided were taken 10/10/2012.
Source: Walking and Driving Guide to Historic Eutaw Alabama, page 17.