This house, originally a stagecoach inn, was build in old Erie and moved to Eutaw by Dr. Abram F. Alexander who gave it to his daughter and her husband in 1848. It has four well proportioned two-story columns on the front and a second floor balcony over the double front doors. Exterior features include pilastered corners, a chimney on each gable end and 9-over-9 paned first floor window sashes. Inside features include a graceful staircase and colonnetted newel posts that are indicative of the 1830’s time period.
This house is located at 309 Main Street in Eutaw (GPS coordinates N32.841367,W87.891274).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: Walking and Driving Guide to Historic Eutaw, Alabama, prepared by the Greene County Historical Society