This beautiful 2 1/2 story, Queen Anne style home was built in 1894 by Rev. S. A. “Soc” Adams who was a Baptist minister, architect, and building contractor. Rev. Adams served as the pastor of the Jackson First Baptist Church from 1889 until 1912 and again in 1915 and 1916. Features of this house include gingerbread woodwork, a corner two-story turret, bay windows, and a wrap-around porch. The interior doors, moldings, mantels, windows, staircase and floors are impressive and are all original.
The Adams-Miller-Gilmore House is a contributing property to the Jackson Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places on January 23, 1998. It is one of the finest illustrations of the Queen Anne style homes that are located in Jackson. This home is located on the corner of College Avenue and West Clinton Street near downtown Jackson (GPS coordinates 31.514089, -87.894431).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) NRHP “Jackson Historic District” Registration Form; 2) “Old house worthy of preservation”, The South Alabamian, August 26, 2004.