This Greek Revival style home was built about 1838. Attached to the house is the building which once served as headquarters of the Alabama Baptist State Convention. Along with the only remaining incense cedar tree brought to Marion from California in the 1870’s, the grounds contain many old camellias.
Marion, AL has four historic districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) that contain 279 contributing properties. There is also nine individual properties listed on the NRHP. The Wiley Harris House is a contributing property to the Judson College Historic District listed on the NRHP.
This home is located at 106 Convenient Street in Marion (GPS Coordinates 32.627682, -87.314890).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Photograph courtesy of RuralSWAlabama.