This builting was built c. 1900. Bricked up arched openings on the south side of the building indicate that it was not originally constructed as a movie theater. However, records indicate that it was operating as a theater owned by Mr. Clio McCrory in 1939. It continued to operate as a movie theater until it closed in 2013. The Thomasville Theater is a contributing property to the Thomasville Historic District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
The Thomasville Theater is located on West Front Street in downtown Thomasville (GPS coordinates 31.912605, -87.735768).
Source: NRHP “Thomasville Historic District” Registration Form.