This two-and-one-half story, Queen Anne house was built in 1903 for Henry Martin Smith, a brick company owner. Built of solid brick, the house features interior walls over a foot thick. Other features of the house include a double-tiered, wraparound, porch with an onion dome roof, bracketed cornice, a rounded bay and polygonal bay, and an arched recessed entrance with double doors with full glazing and transom.
This house is a contributing property to Selma’s “Old Town Historic District” that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It is located at 510 Tremont Street in Selma (GPS coordinates 32.411453,-87.025707).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) Selma’s Architecture and History Tour (A Self-Guided Driving Tour); 2) NRHP “Old Town Historic District” Registration Form.