The Community House, located in the old Town District of Silas, was established in 2001. The house is one of the few remaining early 20th Century residence in the town. The front portion of the Community House, predating 1917, was an ice cream parlor. The house is used for community events. It is also available for rent for special functions – weddings and receptions, family reunions, club meetings, anniversary parties, birthday parties, etc.
The Community House is located at the intersection of Pine Street and First Street in Silas (GPS coordinates 31.764452,-88.328882).