This small house was built for Richard Haskins Roberts ca. 1851. It has a center-hall with a single large room on either side and shed rooms behind. There have been few changes with the building except for a room added to the SE corner in 1908. The house still does not have indoor bathrooms. This building is a contributing property to the Gainesville Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on October 3, 1985. It is located on the NW corner Sanders and Chestnut Streets in Gainesville (GPS coordinates 32.817373,-88.158832).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) Gainesville, Alabama Tour Guide; 2) NRHP “Gainesville Historic District” Document.