This GreeK Revival-style house was built around 1853 as the parsonage for the Baptist minister. Except for modernizing, this structure has been altered little since it was constructed. This home is located approximately 3.5 miles east of Butler in the community of Mt. Sterling (GPS coordinates 32.094269, -88.163474).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) Historic Choctaw Tour, by Ann H. Gay; 2) NRHP “Mount Sterling Methodist Church” Nomination Form.
Date of photograph: April 11, 2010.