This two-story farmhouse, built circa 1834 by Joel Parish, his wife, Emma Curby, and their children, is one of the oldest buildings in Perry County. The Parish family moved from North Carolina in a covered wagon, camped on a knoll nearby, and built their home. The family moved in and completed the house and a number of other buildings. The house has a downstairs and upstairs porch that extends across the full width of the front of the house. Each porch has a door that opens into the large front rooms on the house.
This house is located approximately 1 ½ mile north of the Perry County Courthouse at downtown Marion. The house is on the east side of CR7 approximately 100 yards from the intersection of CR7 and CR29 (32°39’12.7″N 87°19’23.5″W – Google Maps).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: Perry County Heritage, Volume II