This building housed Thomasville’s bank from 1904 until at least the early 1950s. It is a one-story, brick building. Steps lead up from the sidewalk to its tall, double leaf entrance that is crowned by a segmentally arched transom. The entrance is flanked by two large, segmentally arched windows. All the segmental arches are defined by decorative brick work. The building is a contributing property to the Thomasville Historic District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It is located on W. Front Street at downtown Thomasville (GPS coordinates 31.913012, -87.735885).
Source: NRHP “Thomasville Historic District” Registration Form
CLICK HERE for additional historic and interesting places in rural southwest Alabama.