This church, which started as Liberty Baptist Church, was organized on April 4, 1851. The congregation’s first church building was made of logs and it was located next to what is now Old Liberty Cemetery. A new frame building was built in 1871. In 1876 the name was changed to Deep Creek Baptist Church and another new building was constructed near the current church site. The current building was completed around 1903. The former Deep Creek building was donated for use as a school on June 6, 1903. The church became a member of the Bethel Baptist Association in October 1903. The name was changed to Nicholsville Baptist Church on May 2, 1914.
This church is located in south Marengo County, AL in the community of Nicholsville (GPS coordinates 32.007860, -87.902332).
Source: Jeffrey Allen Reed (facebook).