This Italianate raised cottage was built ca. 1866 for H. A. Stollenwerck, a local businessman and bank owner. He sold the house a year later after the death of his wife. During the early 20th century, the house was remodeled into apartments and rented. In 1983, it was bought and restored by Bob Ed and Pat Morrow. During the previous remodeling, the original entry was removed so the house could be split into apartments. The Morrows reinstalled the original entranceway. The cottage still has the original floors and French windows.
This house is a contributing property to Selma’s “Old Town Historic District” that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It is located at 509 Tremont Street in Selma (GPS coordinates 32.411281,-87.026214).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) NRHP “Old Town Historic District” Document; 2) selmapilgrimage.com