NOTE: Judson College suspended its academic operations on July 31, 2021
Judson College was established in 1838 by members of Siloam Baptist Church, and it opened January 7, 1839. Judson is the fifth oldest women’s college in the United States. The college was named for Ann Hasseltine Judson, the first female foreign missionary from the United States. Judson has been affiliated with the Alabama Baptist Convention throughout its history. The campus of Judson College is the focal point of the Judson College Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on February 3, 1993.
Provided are pictures of some of the historic buildings on the campus of Judson College. Captions on the pictures provide additional details.