This is a Greek Revival, one-story church with a pedimented end-gable that has a recessed portico with columns set in antis and a square bell tower. It was dedicated on the first Sunday in June, 1856 by the Reverend Phillip Phillips Neely, minister from Marion, Alabama. The church was built on two acres of land deeded by John D. Catlin, May 30, 1842, to Daniel E. Ellis, James Turner, David Compton and John Besteder, trustees of Methodist Episcopal Church known as Asbury Meeting House.
This church is a contributing property to the Jefferson Historic District that’s on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It is located beside Highway 28 at the small community of Jefferson in Marengo County (GPS coordinates 32.386083,-87.894472).
Sources: 1) Jefferson Methodist Church Historical Marker (located at church); 2) NRHP “Jefferson Historic District” Nomination Form.