This house, now called the Green House, is probably the oldest dwelling in Butler. It was originally a 2-room dogtrot cabin, possibly built by Jim Kendrick around 1840. The house is now used as the Girl Scout Headquarters for Butler. It is located on Hendricks Avenue at the intersection of Hendricks Avenue and W Smith Street in Butler (32°05’16.0″N 88°13’25.9″W – Google Maps).
Sources: 1) Historic Choctaw Tour, by Ann H. Gay; 2) AlabamasFrontPorches.org/Hospitality-Sheet-Choctaw-County.