This house is one of the least altered of Gainesville’s early buildings. The building’s vernacular Greek Revival character suggests a construction date of ca. 1835-1840. This house is a contributing property to the Gainesville Historic District that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on October 3, 1985. It is located the intersection of Webster and Pearl Streets in Gainesville (GPS coordinates 32.818312,-88.16103).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) Gainesville, Alabama Tour Guide; 2) NRHP “Gainesville Historic District” Document; 3) NRHP “Gainesville, Alabama MRA” Document