This building, built around 1830, is one of Marion’s earliest hotels. It is thought to be the place where General Sam Houston stayed when he came to Marion to marry Margaret Lea in 1840. This building is included in Marion’s Green Street Historical District listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located on the south side of Green Street approximately 200-250 yards west of the Perry County Courthouse in downtown Marion (GPS coordinates N32.633236,W87.321117).
Today, this building is a private residence – drive by only.
Source: Perry County Heritage Vol. II