Thought to have been built around 1890, this was the office of the dentist, Dr. William Wilson Corley. He sold it in 1906 to another dentist, Dr. J. P Haley who practiced here until his death in 1956. Dr. Patrick Haley, Jr. practiced with his father from 1933 until 1941 when he went overseas to serve in World War II. After military service, he resumed his practice from 1946 until he relocated his office to Selma, AL where he continued practice until his death. Sheldon Fitts, Sr. bought the building from Dr. Haley and practiced law in it for over 50 years. Features of this building include tin shingles and decorative turned posts and brackets.
This building is a contributing property to the Marion Courthouse Square Historic District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP). It is located at downtown Marion on the north side of Green Street across the street from the Perry County Courthouse (32°38’00.6″N 87°19’06.1″W – Google Maps).
Source: Perry County Heritage Vol. II