The Boligee Presbyterian Church was established October 31, 1900. Positioned on the crest of a small hill, this beautiful church features a corner tower with variegated shingle patterns, and Eastlake style wood carvings in the two front gables. Inside, the floor of the sanctuary slopes down towards the altar, a feature common in Presbyterian churches built in the area around that time.
This church is located on School Street at Boligee less than 100 yards from the intersection of School Street with Ala Highway 11 (GPS coordinates 32.753630, -88.031750).
Sources: 1) Visions of the Alabama Black Belt, by Robin McDonald and Valerie Pope Burnes; 2) “Boligee Presbyterian Church” Historical (located in front of the church).
Photographs courtesy of RuralSWAlabama.