This home was built for Edward A. Blount and his wife, Mary, between 1853 and 1859. In January 1852, the Blount’s bought three lots at the location of this house for $26, $40 and $20. A clear title was granted for this property in January 1853 when the note was satisfied. In 1859, The Blount’s sold the home and property to the Siloam Baptist Church. It was used as a church parsonage until a new one was built on Washington Street. This 2-story frame home has full width porches up and down, decorative saw work columns and railings and heart pine and eastern white pine floors. It is a contributing property to the West Marion Historic District that’s listed on the Nation Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
This home is located at the intersection of Dekalb Street and Smith Street in Marion, AL. (GPS coordinates 32.628948,-87.321069).
This is a private residence – drive by only.
Sources: 1) Perry County Heritage Vol. II; 2) NRHP “West Marion Historic District” Registration Form.