This church was built circa 1877 to replace a log building on this site. The sanctuary is the original structure with its hand-hewn timbers that are twelve to fifteen inches wide. It was originally divided by a partition, the height of the pews, separating the men and women who also used separate entrances. A notable feature of the church is the decorative trim on the gables of the main structure.
The Cuba Baptist Church is featured site #31 in the Sumter County, Alabama Historical Points of Interest visitors brochure. This church is located in Cuba at the intersection of Second Street and Second Avenue (GPS coordinates 32.427286, -88.374114).
Sources: 1) TourSumterCounty.com; 2) Sumter County, Alabama Historical Points of Interest visitors brochure, prepared by the Sumter County Historical Society, p4, POI #31.