This Greek Revival style house was built for John Gray Allen in 1857 by David Rudisill. It is a two-story frame structure with a two-story front portico featuring square paneled columns. The roof is hipped with side dormers. In 1890 the rear facade was altered when a kitchen and pantry wing and a two-story back porch was added. The house and two other plantation buildings were added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on July 7, 1994 as a part of the Plantation Houses of the Alabama Canebrake and Their Associated Outbuildings multiple property submission.
This home is located between Linden and Demopolis in the community of Old Spring Hill (GPS Coordinates 32.428965, -87.774944).
This is a private residence – drive by only.