This building was built circa 1832 as a law office. It was the first YMCA building in the South to be owned by a local chapter. Additionally, the building served as the Marion City Hall for forty years. In the 1968, it was moved from the courthouse square to the Marion Military Institute campus where it now serves as the Alabama Military Hall of Honor Museum, displaying portrait plaques of inductees and military artifacts.
This building is a contributing property to the “West Marion Historic District” that was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 22, 1993. It is located on the MMI campus at Marion, AL (GPS Coordinates 32.622944,-87.322611).
Source: NRHP Document for the “West Marion Historic District”.