This building built in 1913 was Selma’s first High School. The 25,000 square foot structure has two full floors above ground, and a full basement. It was designed by William T. Warren from Birmingham, one of Alabama’s foremost architects. Tremont High School is a contributing property to Selma’s “Old Town Historic District” that was added to the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on May 3, 1978. It is located on Tremont Street at the intersection of Tremont Street and Furniss Avenue (GPS coordinates 32.411609,-87.02646).