The Bank of Pine Apple began with the sale of stock in 1903 and was chartered the same year as a state bank. The bank building was built in about 1904. It is a two-story brick commercial structure with a single storefront and parapet roof. The front of the building has the original iron storefront entrance with three round-arched, one-over-one sash windows on the second floor. Cast iron exterior stairs on the south side of the building allowed direct second-floor entry. The Bank of Pine Apple occupied the first floor of the building. Located over the bank were the telephone exchange and a business office. After the bank closed in 1967, several businesses have been located in this building including a restaurant, an antique shop, and a doctor’s office. The bank building is a contributing property to the Pine Apple Historic District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP).
This building is located beside the U. S. Post Office in downtown Pine Apple (60 Co Rd 59 – Google Maps).
Sources: 1) Wilcox Historical Society; 2) NRHP “Pine Apple Historic District” Registration Form.