The St. James Episcopal Church was established in 1836. The present church building was built in 1841-1842 and consecrated in 1843 by Leonidas Polk. The church was originally Greek Revival style and later altered to Gothic elements. It was photographed and recorded in the Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) in 1936 and placed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage (ARLH) in 1984.
This church is located at 109 Spring Street in Livingston, AL (GPS coordinates 32.584389,-88.189611)
Sources: 1) Sumter County Historical Society; 2) The Alabama Catalog, A Guide to the Early Architecture of the State, by Robert Gamble.
B&W Photographs courtesy U. S. Library of Congress (HABS), photographer: Alex Bush, date: November 13, 1936.