This church building was built around 1910. It is a late Carpenter-gothic derived building with clapboard siding, gable front, and an off-set, recessed tower to the left. The gable front has a large, tripartied window of translucent glass, and double hung sashes which are topped by triangular, fixed-glass transoms. Together, they form the representation of a traditional gothic window. The entrance is through the tower, topped with a similar transom to the windows, and then by an unusual octagon roof, octagon clear glass lantern, and a pointed steeple. The side elevations have five bays, similarly styled double-hung windows and the triangular transom.
This church is a contributing property to the Pushmataha Historic District that was listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage (ARLH) in October 2008. It is located in the community of Pushmataha in Choctaw County, AL (GPS coordinates 32.190412, -88.353406).
Source: ARLH “Pushmataha Historic District” Nomination Form.