The Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church, originally known as Mount Carmel Presbyterian Church, is a historic Greek Revival church located in southeastern Dallas County in the community of Pleasant Hill. The current church building was constructed during 1851-1852. Its principal features include a recessed portico with two columns in antis, a bell tower topped by a small domed cupola, and a second-floor slave gallery around three sides of the interior. The building is a good example of a rural antebellum church, recognizable to its date of construction, and retaining its original plan, siting, building materials, furniture, and finishes, except for a metal roof and a set of concrete steps. It was placed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage (ARLH) on November 2, 1990 and on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on April 22, 1999.
This church is located beside CR 12 approximately 0.2 miles east of intersection of CR 12 and CR 7 at Pleasant Hill (GPS coordinates 32.164978,-86.908325).
Sources: 1) NRHP “Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church” Registration Form; 2) wikipedia.org/Pleasant_Hill_Presbyterian_Church.