Founded by circuit riders as the Methodist Episcopal Church South, the first minister was Rev. A Gillis. Several additions have been made to the 1872 original building, including the present altar and front classrooms of the main sanctuary. The two-story educational building was erected in the early 1950’s. The Victorian style steeple consists of ornamental cast iron finial, tin sheeted cone, bell, and bell pavilion with jigsaw work brackets and balustrade. The cemetery contains late 19th and 20th century monuments, mostly divided into familiarly grouped plots.
This church is a contributing property to the Pine Apple Historic District District that’s listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It located on State Hwy 10 across the road from Moore Academy in Pine Apple, AL (GPS coordinates N31.867389,W86.989583)
Source: Pine Apple Promotion, Inc.